When I was growing up, my family’s tradition on Thanksgiving was to go around the table and, one-by-one, say what we were each thankful for. Probably not a very unique tradition, but it did give the day some transcendental meaning. So in the spirit of nostalgia, here is what I am thankful for over the past year:
- My cute kids: Shifting from one to two kids over the past year was a lot harder than I thought it would be, but as low as some of the lows were, the highs were even higher. I am so blessed to be able to mom these two amazing, adorable, incredible, funny, smart, CUTE FREAKING KIDS. I need to remember how lucky I am all the time, and not just when I’m feeling sappy at Thanksgiving.
- My husband: Hubby worked his ASS off this past year. His 4th year of medical school, the residency interview and match process, his first year of residency. These are things that drive normal, single medical students insane, and Hubby survived it with a crazy wife and two young kids! He is a super hero (probably sexy sexy Batman, if I get to pick).
- Our new home: How special is it to be spending this Thanksgiving in our first very own home? There’s a fire crackling, it’s warm, there’s family, and it smells like delicious-ish food. This is amazing.
- Our extended family: Because of Hubby’s crazy schedule and workload, we’ve been pretty delinquent about making the travel rounds this past year. We are so grateful to our extended family for making the effort to come to us, they’re the real MVPs!
- This blog: The newest member of our family, haha! But seriously, though it has only been a month going, I am grateful for this outlet, this newfound hobby, and a few people I’ve gotten to know better through this venue.
Okay, that’s enough sap. Happy Thanksgiving to all! Go get your Turkey (or Tofurkey) on!
Until next time,